Missions in Africa, Inc.
May 8, 2009
Dear Friends and Family,
Feature pictured: “Update on Shelly Brennan”
Greetings in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior!
Some of you may have noticed that our recent updates have only been signed, “Randy and Karen Brennan”. The reason for that is our “Shelly” has been participating in “YWAM” or “Youth With A Mission” since January 2009. The first week in January, we made the long 18 hour drive (one way) down to Cape Town, South Africa for Shelly to begin her classes January 2. The 6 month class is called “Discipleship Training School” and the focus is “To Know God…..and Make Him Known.” She spent the first 3 months in class focusing on knowing God more intimately. The last three months are spent going out and “Making Him Known”. For Shelly and her 8 other team members, the Lord has taken them to Kolkata, India, one of the hardest places in the world. Would you please join us in prayer for Shelly and her team?
- That the Lord would pour love in their hearts for the people in India.
- That they would love the Lord and each other outrageously!
- That they would speak the Word boldly to those they are ministering to.
- That as they minister the truth of God’s Word, that heaven would invade earth.
- That they accurately represent Jesus in everything they do and say, and everywhere they go.
- That they would be Jesus’ hands and feet as they minister at the Mother Teresa’s home for the destitute and dying.
- That they would be an encouragement to the staff at the Mother Teresa’s home.
- That many would receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the good news of God’s grace.
- That they would have Godly wisdom and discernment in this new and very large city.
- That the Lord would guard them and keep them safe in all their comings and goings.
One last thing I’d like to share…….I love the way God seems to take this huge world we live in, and make it so very small, intimate and personal for each one of us.
This past week, the Lord brought a wonderful woman from Colorado to give me a message, that brought me great peace and comfort regarding Shelly in India. This wonderful woman’s name is Yolanda, and she is visiting Swaziland from a ministry that Children’s Cup partners with called Mission of Mercy. She came here to do training with our staff. As we began talking and getting to know one another, she was sharing about recent places she has travelled to. She mentioned a few countries, and then I heard her say INDIA. I said wow, India. Then I asked her where in India, she said, KOLKATA. I said do you know where the YWCA is in Kolkata and she said “YES!” Shelly had shared before she left that they would be staying in a YWCA. Yolanda then proceeded to tell me all about the area that Shelly would be staying in for the next 6 weeks. By the end of our conversation, I knew that the Lord had sent Yolanda not only for training but to give me a message that brought me peace and comfort! What a sovereign God we serve!
May the Lord Bless you,
Randy and Karen Brennan
Serving the Lord in Swaziland